Out to ‘c’ in classical with stand alone CD of music by: Aaron Copland: Ballet Music; Corigliano: Symphony 1; George Crumb: Songs, Drones & Refrains of Death. Besides ‘c’ they have a queer connection – Copland & Corigliano being queers, while Songs etc is based on the poetry of Lorca – the famous queer Spanish poet.
The Copland contains Fanfare, Appalachian Spring, Rodeo, Billy The Kid: music that is the epitome of butch Americana – music doesn’t need the ballet to breathe life into it. Evocative, vigorous and romantic this is a fun & easy to listen to & it easy to understand how it’s become orchestral ear candy.
John Corigliano’s Symphony No 1 is his response to losing so many friends & strangers to HIV. Somber, elegant and oddly romantic I find this to deeply meditative without becoming maudlin. I also have his sound track music for Altered States – talk about range & obscurity. Both harken back to a more traditional orchestra sound.
George Crumb: Songs, Drones & Refrains of Death; also includes his Quest. This is very modern classical music – textured, rhythmic and challenging. Death is mesmerizing to listen to – sung in Spanish it conveys a sense of Lorca’s loneliness & captures duende chillingly but, to me, misses Lorca’s sensuousness. If you want a taste of modern classic this is a good place to start.
To disconnect a vid it is necessary to follow these steps
1. The power source must be diverted at the central junction box. If you are unaware of where this junction box is do not proceed. Take the matter to the Vid Engineer or his apprentice. To attempt any disconnect without accomplishing this step will result in serious damage to both the vid and to yourself.
Once the power has been diverted proceed to on to the next steps
2. Remove coupler v12 from socket 54c.
3. Check the three section adapters. If there is any damage to any one of these it must be dealt with before you can go any further. These are the second most vital portions of the vid. Each directs the appropriate fields of laser, sub-atomic and v’th frequency to the hard drive of each machine.
4. Double check that the first three steps have been successfully completed.
5. Proceed to the vid you wish to disconnect. Turn it on. There may be some small power reserve as each vid does have an emergcap. This power must be allowed to discharge. The discharge time can be anywhere from one to two suns.
However if the screen is colourless you can proceed directly. This means the all power has been depleted.
6. Remover the power shields at the back of the monitor.
7. Remove the power shields that surround the hard drive.
8. Unplug the red coupler from the monitor. Then unscrew bolts 5, 7c and 9. This will allow you access to the image vector. If it is warm to the touch allow it it cool before proceeding.
9. Push the three black sliders top the far right on the hard drive.
January 3 – launch of Lazarus Kiss – here
on going 🙂 when new podcast are posted: Disability after Dark iTunes
my first local feature in over a year: location date TBA
June 9-10-11: attending: Capturing Fire 2017 –
check out these poets from Capturing Fire 2015 & 2016
November 1 – 30 Participating NaNoWriMo
Hey! Now you can give me $$$ to defray blog fees & buy coffee in Washington – sweet,eh? paypal.me/TOpoet